Couple basic questions on my EKO

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Ascherl

Jun 6, 2010
Hinckley, Ohio
I am buying a couple of Temp/Pressure gauges and am wondering if I can just thread them into a piece of 3/4" copper with a female adapter and tee it right off my 1.25" line.

I also plan on using a couple of aquastats. One on the pipe coming out of the top of my storage. Another I was thinking of installing on the outlet of my EKO. Someone posted a thread showing the aquastat right on top of the EKO. I noticed there is a plastic cap with black pipe plug underneath the cap right on top of the EKO. Can the aquastat be installed into that? What type of fitting do I need?

Hi,
You could do as you said. As I recall; the plugged bung on the top of the boiler aligns with the top panel. If you thread anything in there I don't think you'll be able to get the top panel off without removing it -something you may want to avoid.

Why do you want to add the aquastat to the top of the EKO? The EKO controller already monitors the water jacket temp and can be used to control "any output" (usually the primary circ). Whatcha planning on using it for? Inquiring minds...

I don't know, I saw someone had an EKO 40 and had the aquastat right on top of the EKO. I thinkit might have been for the emergency dump zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.