cpm-10 49-shcpm 49-trcpm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cpm10

Jan 2, 2011
maine
Bought one of these stoves and get no heat! Nice flame, glass gets warm, flu gets warm, but blows cold air. on the highest setting you get some warm air but if you move your hand more than a foot where the heat blows out it gets cool again. Installed in an insulated basement athat ewas easily heated by the base model we upgraded from. Wanted something that was more self sufficient but we are going to return it and keep the base model for now. Tried different setting, read the manual civer to cover 3 times, different pellets, even tried it outdoors to see if there was a venting issue. no changes. Too bad the air coming out of the front was not as hot as the air coming out the back. I work during the week when customer service is open. When I treid to call on a snow day(12/27) the line was busy all day and they were closed 12/31! I sent an 2 e-mails my issues and the response I got was I had to call!

Could you provide the settings you are attempting to burn at both the standard upper two and the settings for LBF, LBA and AOT. Also is the stove running on a thermostat?

Sabattus,

You are quit mistaken about this stove. It's apparent it isn't set up correctly. I heat a 2 story 2500 sq. ft. home to 70+ degrees. You have to adjust the settings based on the outdoor air temp. The biggest issue I have is with the basemnet install you have. It is going to be near impossible to heat a 3rd floor. Please post the settings you have set. The heat setting and blower. To find out the LFF and LBA just touch the button and the setting number will appear in the blower window. Those, like myself, will help you adjust the settings to maximize your heat output.

Indy

Since I also have this stove, and it heats my home very nicely, I'm curious what's wrong w/ yours.

I have my lower 3 settings at 1-1-1, and may at times use 1-2-1, or 1-3-1 if the stove is dirty and I'm too lazy to clean it right then.....I'm curious what your stove came set at from the factory. The 1-1-1 setting came directly from Mike Holton. Since you are new to the forum, Mike is the Senior Tech at Englander, and a regular on this forum.

Also, even during the coldest night we had a few weeks ago, I never had the stove above 6-9. Today, the stove is at 2-7 and the house is from 71-68 degrees, depending on how away from the stove you are.

Does the stove seem to be feeding a decent amount of pellets? Is the OAK hooked up as required by Englander? What brand pellets are you using?

Also, please describe (or provide pics) of your exhaust vent set-up.

The bottom 3 are set to 1,1,1. The blower and heat settings have been set at 5,5 and 9,9 and everything in between. The mode is set to 1. According to the manual the mode should be at 1 for pellets and 5 for corn. 7 for cherry pits but have not tried corn or cherry pits. I did try mode setting of 3 and no difference, I get a nice flame, it is frustrating. 3 different type pellets. It has a good outside air source and vents into a masonary chimney. I also vented it directly out side and it seems worse. Get this, to rule out air return and venting issues I put it on the dollie and rolled it outside on the deck, I have a daylight basement, and ran it outside with same results. It was about 45 outside. I had the base model before in the same spot and it worked great, I am really sorry I sold it for about half what it is going to cost me to replace it.

Is the jumper installed across the thermostat connection on the control board? Just verifying that the stove doesn't think a stat is connected and just not calling for heat.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Is the jumper installed across the thermostat connection on the control board? Just verifying that the stove doesn't think a stat is connected and just not calling for heat.

Beat me to that one Smokey....that was my next suggestion.

Has the door gasket been checked w/ the "dollar bill method", and the ash pan is completely closed and sealed against the body?

Is it possible that the convection fan is bad? Maybe remove back panel (with stove unplugged), disconnect the conv. blower power leads, and connect to a "test lead" ( I made one from an old lamp cord).....plug into 120v outlet, and that fan should blow some serious air.

ISTR that some of the control units out there have a built in diagnostics. It might be worthwhile to check out what the control board diagnostics think of things if that controller has such a facility.

I'll check the thermostat jumper because that is just what it is like. The fire is sweet, the glass is hot, the flu is warm, just what I am used too. I'm excited. Thank-you

Jumper 11 is covered. Won't run uncovered. My brother helped me out Christmas night and he thought some baffle was closed to prevent the heat from coming out.

So are you off and running or does Pete (imacman) need to provide his assistance? I haven't even got a manual for that stove.

imacman said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
So are you off and running or does Pete (imacman) need to provide his assistance? I haven't even got a manual for that stove.

here you go Smokey, for your collection:

www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/10-CPM.pdf

Thanks Pete, I downloaded the manual after posting. I wasn't sure if you were going to be around much longer tonight.

Yep, on work nights, if i'm not in bed by 11, I turn into an Inferno pellet %-P

sabattus said:
I get a humming sound out of the unit even when it has been off for days.?

Yes, if it's plugged in, even though it's turned off, there is a very slight hum...I heard it too.

imacman said:
sabattus said:

Yes, if it's plugged in, even though it's turned off, there is a very slight hum...I heard it too.

Don't you just love ghost loads and transformer hums?

Thanks imacman. Didn't notice the sound from my 55-shp10. Missing it bad.

Jumper 11. Couldn't find a jumper 18. MFG date 08/09.

Thanks for you input.

SmokeyTheBear said:
imacman said:
sabattus said:

Don't you just love ghost loads and transformer hums?

Yep....and the control board even has a nice little yellow flashing LED on it.

sabattus said:
Thanks imacman. Didn't notice the sound from my 55-shp10. Missing it bad.

Jumper 11. Couldn't find a jumper 18. MFG date 08/09.

Thanks for you input.

Are you running or do you still have problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.