CR upgrades Leyden to Very Good Rating!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richkorn

Minister of Fire
Jul 28, 2008
SE CT
Of course, we with Leydens already new about this 'fix'.
Latest CR:

Attachments

• CR_Leyden_cropped.jpg
    CR_Leyden_cropped.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 374
Richkorn,

Thanks very much for posting the update.

As you may remember I was very irritated by their initial test and rating, and with CR in general.

Those of us who have Lopi Leyden's know that they are "very good".

Ranger

Richkorn,

I tried loading an avitar a few times and it bombed.

Was thinking of STEALING yours ( actually I would have asked permission :) ).

Tried one more time and it worked. I do not have to embark on a life of crime!

Ranger

the old ranger said:
Richkorn,

Thanks very much for posting the update.

As you may remember I was very irritated by their initial test and rating, and with CR in general.

Those of us who have Lopi Leyden's know that they are "very good".

Ranger

Well, I just gotta wonder. If you know they are "very good" why do you give a chit WHAT CR says? Do you need "stove cred" with the peeps in your hood? Are you worried about resale value? Inquiring minds wanna know.

Hoss,

I have a strong sense of fairness and the CR report just was not right.

I actually DON't give a CRAP what the CR testers, isolated from the real world in their labs, think, but the bottom line is that UNFORTUNATELY there are too many consumers who may be swayed in their purchase choice by what CR writes.

Wrong is WRONG and should not be ignored!!

I do also have a long history of dislike for the CR ratings of automobiles and what their testers deem to be important. The pellet stove report just torqued me up one more time.

Regards,

Ranger

only thing that hurt the lopi was timing, had they not done the review while the issue they had with the part they later removed was present in a stock unit they would have scored higher, its a pretty solid stove.

Ranger, thanks for the clarification. Sometimes curiosity overcomes my better judgement, sorry if I offended.

Hoss,

No offense taken.

Happy heating,

Ranger

the old ranger said:
Richkorn,

I tried loading an avitar a few times and it bombed.

Was thinking of STEALING yours ( actually I would have asked permission :) ).

Tried one more time and it worked. I do not have to embark on a life of crime!

Ranger

Glad you got it to work! Last person who stole my avatar somehow disappeared from around here...:) haha

I didn't need consumer reports to tell me the Lopi Leyden is a great stove. I'm just glad they got the credit they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.