Craft stove blower box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firejack

Oct 19, 2009
delta
I recently bought a house that has an old Craft stove fireplace insert. It is in great condition, but there is no blower box. I have found places on the internet that sell the blower and everything else, but no box. Does anyone know where I could find one or is there another brand that I could use with my stove? Any help would be appreciated!

I have a Craft insert. I don't have an extra blower, sorry. But if you don't find one I could take pics and measure the stuff so you could make one out of sheet metal. There is no fancy bending to this its basicly 2 U shaped psc of meatl screwed together with some cutouts for the airflow.

Pictures and measurements would be great! I don't even know what the blower box looks like. I have included pics of my exact model and the blower I think fits. thanks.

Attachments

• craft stove.jpg
    craft stove.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 9,340
  • 1C265 blower.jpg
    1C265 blower.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 3,033
Has anyone tried to use a smaller blower, such as the one below, for a craft stove like mine?

Attachments

• blower.jpg
    blower.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 2,583
  • blower2.jpg
    blower2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 3,906
I will see if I can get you some more pics and dims tomorrow but here is one shot I had on my computer of my old one.

Looks like the blower box on the top of the insert on the one pic you posted, and yes it uses a squirrel cage fan with a variable speed control.

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 8,970
A little late but here is some more pics of the blower box for you. Finally got around to getting it out of the shed to take some pics. It is just a regular squirrel cage fan in a metal box, just use some 4" flex metal exhaust pipe to attach to the stove.

Attachments

• DSC_3801.jpg
    DSC_3801.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 2,786
  • DSC_3802.jpg
    DSC_3802.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 3,105
  • DSC_3804.jpg
    DSC_3804.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,792
  • DSC_3805.jpg
    DSC_3805.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 3,361
mellow said:
I will see if I can get you some more pics and dims tomorrow but here is one shot I had on my computer of my old one.

Looks like the blower box on the top of the insert on the one pic you posted, and yes it uses a squirrel cage fan with a variable speed control.

This is almost exactly like the one I have. I don't know if there is something going on with my blower or what. It used to be when I turned this blower on the room almost be too hot to be in and the next room would get warm also. Now, the room the fireplace is in is not getting heated up like that. I don't know if it's the fire I built or the blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.