Craigslist Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fsr4538

Jul 13, 2007
Just scored a mix of hardwood including Cherry, Oak and Birch. Guy says it is 4-6 cords in log length. I will put pictures up tomorrow. Whooooo hoooooo

Where do you want to meet I will give you a hand? lol

fsr4538 said:
Just scored a mix of hardwood including Cherry, Oak and Birch. Guy says it is 4-6 cords in log length. I will put pictures up tomorrow. Whooooo hoooooo

Took a week to haul it home. time to let everyone guess how much. I am guessing between 4.5 -5.5 cords.

Attachments

• Dover Scrounge 1-1.jpg
    Dover Scrounge 1-1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 518
Too hard to guess in picture with it thrown into a pile like that, so I'll just say it is a bunch.

I'll call 6 once split. not much over that....

Finally all chopped and stacked. Worked out to 5.3 cords.

52 feet of pallets.

Glad that is done. Now for the clean up.

Attachments

• Dover Scrounge Stack.jpg
    Dover Scrounge Stack.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 380
nice score...

fsr4538 said:
Worked out to 5.3 cords.

52 feet of pallets...
Sounds about right. I fit 4 cord on 40 feet of pallets, stacked two rows deep.

You didn't say if it was free or what it cost you.

fsr4538, you should edit your profile so we know where you live. Just a general area is all. It is also nice to put in your Signature line what stove you have and maybe your saw, etc.

LLigetfa said:
fsr4538 said:
Worked out to 5.3 cords.

52 feet of pallets...
Sounds about right. I fit 4 cord on 40 feet of pallets, stacked two rows deep.

You didn't say if it was free or what it cost you.

It was free - He wanted it out of his yard. I have about 125.00 into it in a new chain and the rental of a trailer for a day and my gas to haul it home. I can handle 25.00 per cord cost.

Backwoods Savage said:
fsr4538, you should edit your profile so we know where you live. Just a general area is all. It is also nice to put in your Signature line what stove you have and maybe your saw, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion. I updated my signature line.

Status
Not open for further replies.