Crane Stove Works, model 202: wood & coal stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cath

Feeling the Heat
Jul 31, 2007
I have a lead on what looks like a Crane 202, manufactured in Braintree, MA.  The seller claims it’s never been used. According to a Hearthnet "wiki" they stopped making them in the mid 80s.  So parts availability could be an issue.  

Additionally, the wiki which includes a manufacturer's spec sheet doesn't say anything about EPA approval.

Crane Stove Works
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/Crane_Stove_Works/

However, an acquaintance of mine may have recently bought a similar stove stove from a Braintree, MA show room. I emailed him but don’t know if or when I’ll hear from him. I spent about half an hour trying to google any business in the Braintree area that might sell Crane wood stoves and/or furnaces, with no luck.

The seller's listing describes the stove as follows:
Asking price $600.00. Crane glass view wood or coal stove that has never been used. The stove has a soap stone top, sides, and front. The dimensions are 15 inches wide, 26 inches long, and 25 inches high. The stove has a 6 inch rear vent.

I can't include the picture from the listing here but it looks just like the picture in the Mfr spec sheet.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this stove, especially any information on EPA approval and parts availability.
Thanks,
~Cath

Status
Not open for further replies.