Creosote build up in Pinnicle PB 150 Exhaust fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a scary malfunction in my Pinnacle PB 150 Pellet boiler. The exhaust fan plugged with Creasote and stopped the fan over night. It looked like the creasote caught on fire and some of the flames appeared to escape the chimney despite the fact that I have them sealed with Hi-temp silicon. I take the fan apart once per month and clean it out when a brush. I am using a high quality pellet.

I have had the pilot draft fan setting at medium so I turned it up to high and opened the draft sliding door more. I'm thinking that there was not enough air flow during the pilot setting cause an inefficient burn, leading to the build up.

Anyone out there have this problem with the Pinnacle/Traeger PB 150?

Status
Not open for further replies.