CTPellet spring 2011 special prices Happy ST Patties day! :-)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10 bucks off? whowee!

Crap! I'm right over the border in MA - no delivery

Bigbox's got everyone spoiled. Probably about the best you'll see on upper tier pellets here in New England. Checking the closest competition its more like $25 off per ton!

A little scoop for ya!

We will see(my area anyway) something in the $265 to $285 range by fall. Insider and very reliable source! This is for the pellet dealers, Bigbox is a whole other cup of tea. Should see them start right at $297 a ton and then maybe another mid season price "war"(if we don't buy at there inflated cost of $297/ton). Honestly why would I spend $297/ton when I can get better for less at the pellet house's! Doesn't make much sense to me.

even though i am sitting in the back seat just looking at my 5 tons i'd like to see what BT will have for spring specials on the Cubex.

geek said:
even though i am sitting in the back seat just looking at my 5 tons i'd like to see what BT will have for spring specials on the Cubex.

They usually have there's in the begining of April. CTPellet seemed a bit early this year thats why I posted the info.

Cubex for about $240 would be nice! :)

I hope to see Cubex for the price i paid last year, $230.

geek said:
I hope to see Cubex for the price i paid last year, $230.

Price of oil was lower along with cheaper fuel prices. Not sure we'll see them that low. But we can wish anyway! One tip is Northerns were a little lower than Cubex at season end. Same pellet in a different bag, So maybe they would be a bit lower?

Don't forget to post the info in the fuel report section. I did! :)

I can get MWP for $210 and Maine Choice for $220. No spring special price available on them though. :-(

minimums make it not worth it for me. waiting for BT.

Wachusett said:
Spring Buys sound like there going to be limited this year. Check out this criagslist ad http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bfs/2271183540.html
I bought from them last spring, prices were good, does not sound promising this year. Good thing I pigged out early.

Wood pellet prices are generally the lowest in April when mills are gearing up for their spring production. This year only one pellet mill is dropping their pricing. All the remaining mills are keeping their current pricing or going up, and it's only March. Three companies have implied that they are having issues with obtaining raw materials and the only mill to drop its pricing is now allocating product to its dealers.
Can you see it coming yet? Heating oil is near $4.00 plus a gallon. It's 2008 all over again. Waiting until September to shop for pellets might be an unpleasant experience.
Our spring buy starts April 1st - while supplies last.
http://www.Pelletsrus.com

The 2 of the 3 companies having issues getting fiber are Hamer and Barefoots(Barefoots being the worst off). I would not expect any deals from these mills this year! And Turmans were rumored to be the 3rd, So I am very surprised to see a spring deal from them. This could be trouble for them in the later part of the season. I would expect a jump in the Turmans price come fall!

Okies and Spruce Pointes have a good reliable source of fiber coming from the pine lumber mills. These mills sell the lumber here and to Europe. So we get the saw dust and chips for our pellet fuel. No shortage there. Another pellet source will be from the chipped log pellet makers(Vermont and Geneva in New England).

So the deals are most likely going to be with the softies and chipped log pellets this season!

thanks jay ,now do i get turmans or the okies it's one tough choice.

smile, you're looking for MORE? lol

nah..... ;-)

j-takeman said:

I can get MWP for $210 and Maine Choice for $220. No spring special price available on them though. :-(

Fuel report section ?

iron stove said:
j-takeman said:

Fuel report section ?
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/fuels

j-takeman said:

I haven't seen a new posting in that section since January....

Received the E-mail today. Just really dont want 3 tons right now, and a bit of a drive for me.

I got the same email today. I'll pass it on in case others didn't see/get it.

Strait to the point.... Last year, oil and propane were about half the cost that they are at today. Pellets were much more available last year than they are today, yet some of these sale prices are the same price as last year. They wont last long.

Turman Super Premium Oak Pellets $259/Ton...(Buy 3 or more tons and pay just $249/Ton) Restrictions apply. click here.

Okanagan Super Premium Pellets $250/Ton...(buy 3 or more tons and pay just $240/Ton. Restrictions apply. clich here

Barefoot Super Premium Pellets $269/ton Very Limited Supply click here

Hamer's Hot Ones Super Premium Pellets $249/Ton Very Limited supply click here

Geneva Super Premium Pellets $259/Ton (Free delivery when you buy 3 or more tons) click here

Energex Premium Grade Hardwood Pellets$239/Ton click here

Maines' Choice Premium Grade Hardwood Pellets $219/Ton

Energex Juniata Hardwood Pellets $219/Ton click here

I have a local dealer selling New England Pellet has the "Warm Front" version of the NEWP. Anyone have an opinion on this pellet?

Status
Not open for further replies.