Cubex Pellets @ $270 a Ton ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

localbulldog

Dec 15, 2007
Eastern MA
A local dealer in Southern NH has Cubex Hardwood Pellets for $270 a ton- Good Price ? Good Pellet ?

We have been using the premium New England wood pellet - anyone know how it compares ?

Thanks ! :)

localbulldog,
i am in maine , and the last time i was at my supplier, cubex were 260 per ton.its understandable that the price is going to go up as the trucking outfits are getting the shaft with fuel prices.

i liked the cubex alot, had no problems with them, very little sawdust. as far as how they are compared to newpies... right now, i bought 4 bags this weekend to get me thru the damp weather, and i like them. as with cubex, i see very little sawdust, no big clumps.

i bought a few bags of energex at aubuchon last week, and thought they were no better, but more expensive.

the cubex were much more to my liking, and i think i would buy them at 270 per ton without a second thought. as far as i am concerned, if the price of pellets went to 300 per ton, its still cheaper per heating season than burning oil. but thats just my opinion.

mike

I just bought a couple of bags. I think they are fantastic pellets - no sawdust whatsoever.

The dealer in Lancaster, NH has them for $220/ton. He says that the price will most likely go to $230 in June and $250 in August.

I did a little research on the pellets. They are made by a hardwood flooring manufacturer. The pellets are processed right at the same mill - thus this nice quality. There's very little room for contamination, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.