Curious question!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LRRifleman

Jan 25, 2011
southern New Jersey
Hello!

I am rather new to pellet stoves, as this is my second season.
I know I did not have to do it this grequently last year, but i just had to clean my stove today for the second time in about 2 weeks, with intermittent use! My stove is being starved my the ash accumulation!

My question ... how frequently do you have to clean your pellet stove ... specifically the fire pot and fire chamber?

Thanks!

There was just a thread on that a couple days ago. It might be a page or 2 back. But if you run a search up top for "How often do you clean your stove". You should get some good results.

This all varies on the pellet being used (some are ashier than others). And the stove itself. As some stoves can go longer between cleaning. Its a good idea to do a good cleaning every week or bi-weekly at the latest. Then do a "Deep Clean" every ton burned. Also run a search for "Leafblower Trick". As I find this helps get some of the spots that are harder to clean. This is no replacement to cleaning. This should be done after cleaning and vent brushing is complete.

As Dex says above, every stove/pellet combination is different.....are you burning the exact same pellets as last year?

Did you do a VERY THOROUGH deep cleaning at the end of last winters heating season (took everything out of stove and cleaned, leaf blower trick, etc, etc)?

Another variable is the quality of fuel your using. Good stuff will make the cleaning chores easier than say a brand like Inferno's!

j-takeman said:
Another variable is the quality of fuel your using. Good stuff will make the cleaning chores easier than say a brand like Inferno's!
X2
Go for the good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.