Custom Back Draft Preventer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nateschisler

Apr 8, 2011
Central OH
I remember a post on this site about a company who made custom backdraft preventers, there was a link to their website. I cannot for the life of me find it...any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also...what's everybody doing these days on their Harman PF100 install? I thinking gravity backdraft preventer on top of my new unit, but how do I install one on my existing furnace?

My HVAC guy installed the same type of gravity close back draft preventer in both my oil furnace and my PF100. It's the first thing on top of both furnaces and the other end connects to the hot air feed duct. Obviously, the fan control has to be mounted below the back draft preventer's airfoils.

Status
Not open for further replies.