Custom glass for older woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The price looked good enough. the only thing I saw that may not work for you is the fact it said good to use where flames are 6" away. With a wood stove I doubt that will happen. I do not know if your stove will accept it or not but it sounds like it.
Steve

Ceramic glass might work, but I suspect in the old stove without an airwash it is going to get black quickly and frequently.

BeGreen said:
Ceramic glass might work, but I suspect in the old stove without an airwash it is going to get black quickly and frequently.
You are exactly right about that. They will smoke up with the first fire generally.

Thanks for the feedback. The glass getting dirty was my biggest concern but I didn't expect it to turn black right away. I burn very dry wood do that has to help as well. For 40 bucks that it costs I'm going to give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.