Cut some wood with the MS250 and 361 today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkxingu

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2007
S.NH
Hi All,
Cut up some log lengths today with the 250 and 361. Although the 250 bogs down sometimes when deep in the cut (frozen oak), it's super lightweight and nimble and starts with one pull every time (when warm--4 when cold). I think the 250 is super under-rated. The 361, on the other hand, cures cancer.

S

Attachments

• 0221001131.jpg
    0221001131.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 454
  • 0221001131a.jpg
    0221001131a.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 453
I haven't opened the muffler on either of them--I'm still waiting for them to break in!

S

thinkxingu said:
Hi All,
Cut up some log lengths today with the 250 and 361. Although the 250 bogs down sometimes when deep in the cut (frozen oak), it's super lightweight and nimble and starts with one pull every time (when warm--4 when cold). I think the 250 is super under-rated. The 361, on the other hand, cures cancer.

S

Just wondering if you know your bar is upside down on your 250.

Webie, really? I want to assume you're joking, what with all those saws and all. But then I think you're serious.

S

thinkxingu said:
Webie, really? I want to assume you're joking, what with all those saws and all. But then I think you're serious.

S

webie would figure out how to use it as an out board boat motor...

webie said:
thinkxingu said:
Hi All,

S

Just wondering if you know your bar is upside down on your 250.

He cuts from the bottom of the log, up. So its OK.

I just wondered if you noticed your powerhead is mounted upside down on that bar. If you just take your chain and turn it upside down and then flip the front to the back you should be ok.

Danno77 said:
I just wondered if you noticed your powerhead is mounted upside down on that bar. If you just take your chain and turn it upside down and then flip the front to the back you should be ok.

Wouldn't it be easier to move the bar to recoil/recoil to bar so not to have to flip the chain!?

Status
Not open for further replies.