cute kid and grandkid pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
OK, today is my grand daughters B-day, and I think she is perhaps the cutest thing in the world.

Prove me wrong. Post yours.....

Attachments

• bela2-3.jpg
    bela2-3.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 359
  • bela2.jpg
    bela2.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 378
Watch This Space. My first grandchild...a baby girl...is due on November 4th. Her name is Sawyer Jane Christensen. Her middle name comes from my wife, Marsha Jane Beaugrand who died last November. My Daughter, Laurel, who is the one shortly to give birth, was not Marsha's biological daughter, nor did Laurel ever live with us full-time. But Laurel knew Marsha all of her life that she can remember, and they adored one another. Even so, I didn't expect this kind of special tribute to Marsha. I think it's immeasurably sweet. Laurel & her husband Preston had so many other special choices. I can't even write about it without tears in my eyes. I'm not going to be in Albuquerque getting in everyone's way when Sawyer's born...but I'm sure I'll be posting some pics here shortly after Sawyer arrives. Almost a Grandpa, Rick

fossil said:
Watch This Space. My first grandchild...a baby girl...is due on November 4th. Her name is Sawyer Jane Christensen. Her middle name comes from my wife, Marsha Jane Beaugrand who died last November. My Daughter, Laurel, who is the one shortly to give birth, was not Marsha's biological daughter, nor did Laurel ever live with us full-time. But Laurel knew Marsha all of her life that she can remember, and they adored one another. Even so, I didn't expect this kind of special tribute to Marsha. I think it's immeasurably sweet. Laurel & her husband Preston had so many other special choices. I can't even write about it without tears in my eyes. I'm not going to be in Albuquerque getting in everyone's way when Sawyer's born...but I'm sure I'll be posting some pics here shortly after Sawyer arrives. Almost a Grandpa, Rick

I can't wait :)

*Set's up the first tent/hammock outside of Best Buy the day after Thanksgiving thingys*

So happy for you :)

Craig, I love pics of that baby girl, so sweet !

Mine's on the far right. Cute.

Attachments

• zombie.jpg
    zombie.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 305
Fossil, congratulations on the wonderful news. The next new love of your life is on her way!

Craig, things were running more smoothly when she was the webmaster. I don't think the dog has his heart in it . . .

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

Well, yeah, cute, I guess...as zombies go, anyway. :ahhh:

We had a great day. First the Southeast Fiber Fair, then the Asheville zombie walk .

Looking forward to the baby pix Rick. Craig your baby is leaving babyhood behind!

Attachments

• zombie1.jpg
    zombie1.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 323
OK, so you said kid/grandkid. In December 1994, I was Chief Engineer of the aircraft carrier USS Kitty Hawk, and we were on our way home from a 6-month deployment to the Western Pacific. The Pacific Fleet ships routinely stopped in Hawaii to refuel/resupply on the way home to the states (the Pacific is a BIG ocean). For I don't know how many years there had existed a program called a "Tiger Cruise", where male relatives (above some minimum age) of ships' company members could meet their sponsors in Hawaii and ride the ships home for the week it took to get from Hawaii to the West Coast. In 1994, all the stars aligned, we got permission to bring female Tigers, and my daughter Laurel (the one who's due to have a baby girl on November 4th) was just old enough (10). I took this picture of her on the bridge, taking a turn at the helm steering the aircraft carrier at sea Eastbound from Pearl Harbor bound for San Diego.

ETA: Oops, forgot to include a pic of just what it was that Laurel was driving. Fixed now.

Attachments

• LaurelTiger.jpg
    LaurelTiger.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 320
  • uss-kitty-hawk-cv-63.jpg
    uss-kitty-hawk-cv-63.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 318
fossil said:
In 1994, all the stars aligned, we got permission to bring female Tigers, and my daughter Laurel (the one who's due to have a baby girl on November 4th) was just old enough (10).

Cute pics to all!

Fossil, that there is a whole new level of "bring your kids to work day."

That's amazing.

pen

She looks like you Web! And Fossil-that is awesome! I am all about trying to find ways to boost my daughter's confidence and to show her that she can do anything-unfortunately I'm not in charge of an aircraft carrier ;) My brother (leaving for boot at Great Lakes in March) may be able to help me out in that regard one day though. And now...

Handsup.jpg

Maybe she's dreaming of roller coasters? :lol: Seriously-she was asleep like that for more than an hour!

OH, each and every one of your children/grandchildren are beautiful!!!
Thanks for sharing all.... :)

Hoss, Addison is one of my fav names for a girl....I often thought about that name if I ever had one...

Really awesome to "drive" one of those, talk about a memory for everyone :)

BFish, let's see how the "wave" gets done on a few years :coolsmile:

Hoss, Ms Addison looks like she can handle things :)

The Dixette:

My favorite smile in the whole world

erindutchgood.jpg

Tres serious

erinarmy1.jpg

Side benifits of above pic :)

meitalytowninmountains.jpg

Craig, trust me. she can kick ass. MP training and all ;-)

Jackson,4 year old Great-Nephew with Husky 288XPW last Sunday.I'll need someone to take over in about 15 yrs. :coolsmirk:

Attachments

• Jackson 288XP.jpg
    Jackson 288XP.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 277
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

I am just trying to figure out who the pretty woman is in the middle with the glasses........ :roll: :)
She is much too pretty to be a zombie....just sayin... :)

hossthehermit said:
My granddaughter, Addison

Dang, Hoss...Addison's the spitting image of my daughter Laurel at the same age. If someone just plopped that pic down in front of me with no explanation, I'd be racking my brain trying to remember when & where it was taken. Darling little girls with long blonde hair...I melt in their presence. :lol:

fossil said:
hossthehermit said:

Dang, Hoss...Addison's the spitting image of my daughter Laurel at the same age. If someone just plopped that pic down in front of me with no explanation, I'd be racking my brain trying to remember when & where it was taken. Darling little girls with long blonde hair...I melt in their presence. :lol:

Tis the only thing that prevented me from taking the Dixette out a few times. I brought you into this world, I can take you out ;-P

Here's a video of little Dominick last November in his elephant costume. Hope this isn't a breach in etiquette posting a video.

http://youtu.be/95aRAZgvhuM

I can't figure out how to post the actual video not the link?? Any way here's the link.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
fossil said:
hossthehermit said:

Tis the only thing that prevented me from taking the Dixette out a few times. I brought you into this world, I can take you out ;-P

IIRC, Bill Cosby elaborated quite a bit on that in a routine. The thought occurs to many parents at times- quite normal, I'm told.

Wife just sent me this:

Ducky.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.