Damper for add on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattinpa

Oct 25, 2008
Western Pa
Well, I finally laid my chimney. Took awhile, but it looks good. Got my triple wall stainless on order to run from the
furnace to the flue. Hoping to finish up over Thanksgiving. I did run into one question though. As I was watching
my oil furnace run, I realized that a damper would probably be a necessity when running the add on into my existing
duct work. Am I correct? Any recommendations?

mattrookie said:
Well, I finally laid my chimney. Took awhile, but it looks good. Got my triple wall stainless on order to run from the
furnace to the flue. Hoping to finish up over Thanksgiving. I did run into one question though. As I was watching
my oil furnace run, I realized that a damper would probably be a necessity when running the add on into my existing
duct work. Am I correct? Any recommendations?

Yep, a damper is pretty helpful. Someone else will have to give you recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.