Danfoos operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henfruit

Minister of Fire
I was wondering if i keep my return temps up high and close the bypass will that work to get my tank temps up higher? Right now i leave it 3/4 closed.

When my return temps get above 150* I close my ball valve all the way. This sends 100% of the hot water to the tanks.

henfruit said:
I was wondering if i keep my return temps up high and close the bypass will that work to get my tank temps up higher? Right now i leave it 3/4 closed.
Yep, it'll work. Just remember to open it or you'll get no flow the next time you do a cold start.

Once your return temps are 140 or better, shouldn't the Danfoss automatically close?

NYEDGE said:
Once your return temps are 140 or better, shouldn't the Danfoss automatically close?

No it only opens so the return water mixes with the boiler protection loop water.

at above the set temp of the danfoss. wouldnt the value be completly open to let the return water go right back to the boiler?

henfruit said:
at above the set temp of the danfoss. wouldnt the value be completly open to let the return water go right back to the boiler?

Yes!

Fred61 said:
henfruit said:

Yes!
I was re-reading this thread and it occurred to me that you were asking the above question because you were confused and it should warrant more than a simple yes or no answer.
If you go from a cold start or a return water temperature of less than 140 the valve (similar to an automobile thermostat) will be closed and the return water from the system will be on the wrong side (side without the sensing bulb) so it will be closed and stay closed because it will not allow flow. The thermostat is oriented in the housing so that the bypass water flows over the sensing bulb which is allowed to circulate back through the boiler. It is this (recirculating) water that actually activates the thermostat when the recirculating water reaches 140, then the thermostat will slowly open and mix some of the returning system water with it. Once the returning water is at 140 it will keep the thermostat open on it's own. Just remember you need that recirculating water to initially open the valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.