Danno77

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Has anybody seen or heard from Danno77 lately?

A quick search shows last post as 01-20-2012. He lives about 150mi southwest of me but I don't think they would have had tornadoes that far north that occurred in the last two weeks or so.
Tom

Yet another reason I love this forum . . . folks here often notice when a frequent poster/member hasn't been around . . . and are concerned.

Shoot, Nobody even sent a search party out for me?!?!? It gets slow in the spring and summer around here, so I figured I might not be missed.

I could bore you with all the details, but the short version is that I have some good chainsaws that run, a good woodstove or three, and plenty of wood for this year (but, cringe, prob not all of next year). So I let some other stuffs take ahold of my life for a few months while hearth related things sat on the backburner.

Now that fall is approaching (too slowly, IMHO) I might be around a little more.

So, since January first, I've lost 30lbs and decided that I'm a world class athlete (wannabe) and will be participating in a triathlon or two to prove it. I bought a full carbon fiber race bike, a westuit, several pairs of running shoes and a butload of other equipment (if you think chainsaws are expensive don't get into triathlons). I just figured I'd bring my 35th birthday in with being fit for a change (Been a long time since I was a college track athlete)

I'm about to start working on one of my Fiats so I can putz around town in it this fall, and that will probably take some time and $$, too.

I do have a couple of hairbrained projects running on the side, so look for posts on those.

Congrats on the 30 lbs... Good for you!
Welcome back Danno! half smiley.jpg

Reactions: Danno77
LoL, this new forum is cool. I like getting alerts, and clicking "like" (Thanks for the welcome back, Gamma)

Good to hear from you. Good luck with the triathlon. I guy I work with started his triathlon career at about 40 and is still going strong at 47.

Good going Danno.
I got back into the running thing about the same age and did a bunch of 5 and 10k's, but never anything more.
Triathlon's are grueling. Let us know how you do.

Grueling is a good word for it. I am just now getting back at it after a couple weeks of resting and relaxing. Since I started training in March I've logged about 708 miles on the bike, 238 miles running and 23,450yards swimming. I'm only training for an Olympic Length Triathlon, too (1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run) you should see some of the numbers the IronMan training guys put up; just insane. Maybe next year I'll do a Half IronMan, and if I'm still going an IronMan the year after that. (IM= 2.4 Miles swim, Bike 112 miles, Run 26.2 miles)

Whew, you've worn me out just reading that. Congrats on the hard work and welcome back to the forums. Now get back on that bike!

Welcome back, Danno !!

Don't forget your avatar project, too
timthumb.php

Reactions: Jags and Danno77
Welcome back Danno

... I bought a full carbon fiber race bike, a westuit, several pairs of running shoes and a butload of other equipment ...

*sigh* Just think of the SWEET splitter the money for all that gear would've bought.... ;):p==c

Just thought of something......
Pics or it didn't happen Danno...:)

Welcome back Danno.

*sigh* Just think of the SWEET splitter the money for all that gear would've bought.... ;):p==c
Don't think that I haven't lost sleep over that...

Reactions: MasterMech
Status
Not open for further replies.