Dead Ash Trees

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hdguy

Aug 5, 2011
Southern Illinois
Started falling ash trees today.
I hate to loose them but i knew the ash bug would get them
sooner or later.
I have about 12 close to the house and several in the woods.
I should have ash to burn for the future just not this year.
Some of my friends lost there ash trees 2or 3 yrs. ago.
I knew this spring when they didnt put on leaves that is was all over.
But they wont go to waste.

Welcome to the forum hdguy.

We've also been cutting ash for several years. Hopefully will get most of them finished this coming winter. We had so many I even let some folks come in to cut and we still have plenty. Just can't see them going to waste. I may even sell a bunch at a big discount just so they won't go to waste but will still help out some folks.

Really sad to see them go, they're such a nice tree! I have a few left around here that still put out leaves this year but I don't expect many more years out of them.

Dennis, if you feel the need to donate some let me know! :lol: Hopefully I'll be in cutting shape in the Dec/Jan time frame if I continue on without any set backs.

this past week i got several good sized branches from a medium size ash tree. the tree was trimmed by power line people and wood looks bug free. it seems to be hit or miss here, some trees i see are not looking good but mostly i see healthy ash trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.