Deal or no deal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stallau

May 17, 2009
Southern ME
I checked the price of pellets in Sanford today. $245 for energex or New England and $219 for Maine Woods. I was told the price was until Saturday and then going up. Oil is down so why would pellets be going up??

Thinking of waiting

Oil is down - But Diesel is still really high. The truck lanes have gone up in price.

Stallau, the only one I'd even consider at that price would be the Energex.....pretty good pellet.

STallau said:
I checked the price of pellets in Sanford today. $245 for energex or New England and $219 for Maine Woods. I was told the price was until Saturday and then going up. Oil is down so why would pellets be going up??

Thinking of waiting

I'd be all over them MWPs

I can get Maine Wood Pellets locally for $199 and I would never consider it a bargain. Lousy pellet and aweful ash content. But hey, that's me, and my stove, not anyone else. At the same time I can also get energex for $215 a ton. But I am a Turman man this year...got em for $239 a ton in March. Tried em, loved em and bought em.....and even paid off the credit card!

New England Wood PEllets and Maine Wood pellets are best used as kitty litter. Now that is for my stove not yours but the reviews on both are dismal to say the least. I agree with Jonnycomlately because I see Maine pellets for $199 a ton locally here also and I wouldnt consider it an option for me. I go for the Turman pellets but hey thats just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.