decent price for Pennsylvania logs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paguy

Dec 4, 2009
milton pa
Found a guy who has a "single axle" dump that he said he can get 3-3.5 cords of 16 foot log length wood in. He will deliver a load for 325 bucks.

Last year I got a triaxle load for 600 bucks. he claims he can fit the same amount of wood in 2 trips. I thought the triaxle held more then 6-7 cords but I may be wrong.

This is in PA so the prices may vary.

All hard wood, not seasoned but Im working on 2012 with this load.

my buddy knows a guy that owns a large landscaping/tree removal company that can get up a log truck load (says its holds 8-10 cords) for 500 dollars. we are splitting a load as soon as the mud season is over.

If your buddies friend is interested Id do 2 loads for that price. Zip is 17856

PapaDave said:
Archer39, good price if all hardwood.

he says 80 percent is hickory.

I would take a load to the Bear creek ski area

stuigi said:
I would take a load to the Bear creek ski area

are you from around there? i used to live 5 mins from Bear Creek.

Yes, I am off of Centennial heading towards Huffs Church

I used to live on bitting road. My parents still live there. My wife and I just purchased a house towards Pottstown. I really miss it up there. I will let you know if I can get you a load for that price also.

Howdy neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.