deep fryer and the pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namz111

Apr 25, 2008
NE PA
So you ask what do they have in common?............ well I am about to tell you.............NOTHING!!!! so heres what happened, I am on the second floor of the house and my 14 yr old daughter decided to make some Mozzarella sticks in the deep fryer, so I tell her "make sure you unplug the deep fryer" well an hour later I say did you unplug the deep fryer as i told you? she runs down the steps to check and yells up "its still on" I then say well turn it off and she says "how?" I say "just unplug it" well ok I thought it was simple (lol) little did I know! ...............fast forward about 45 min the wife says why do I smell somke? so I run down the steps and over to the pellet stove, heres where it turns bad, I look at the pellet stove and see red ashes and smoke but dont hear the blower going hmmmmm I think oh no I have a hopper fire so I lift the lid (bad mistake) the hopper is filled with smoke! house is filling with smoke seems when I said "just unplug it" the daughter thought I was talking about unpluging the pellet stove. Its kind of funny now but boy was I crapping my pants for a few seconds!

Did you unplug the fryer yet?

I remember once when I was younger,I worked at demolition and was heading to the remains of a new house fire.That morning, here were the family sitting on the curb crying and in the background was their half-burnt house. The son had set it on fire somehow....pretty sad........

Status
Not open for further replies.