Dehumidifier Location

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeePee

Nov 15, 2008
Mississauga, Ontario
I'd like to relocate my basement dehumidifier so that I can use the drainage hose instead of having to empty the container. In the attached schematic, the dehumidifer is the blue block marked "DH" at the bottom. I'd like to move it into the furnace/laundry area, such that I can drain into the floor drains which are marked by red dots or alternatively into the laundry tub. The unit is doing a great job where it is located, will there be a significant change in performance if I move it?

( Note: The image is not to scale, however it is reasonably proportionate. )

Thanks!

Attachments

• Basement Layout.png
    Basement Layout.png
    10 KB · Views: 258
as long as their is good air circulation you should be fine. If you are discharging them into a floor drain watch out that it doesnt evaporate back into the room defeating the whole purpose.... I would like to discharge mine into my set tub, but havent rigged that up yet. The sump would be better, but think that much of the water would find its wy back into the air, and no need ot keep the pump submerged more than needed... I dont mind carying the water out either,

Thank you for the feedback! I installed a platform and mounted the dehumidifier last night. The drainage hose discharges into the stub the washing machine is connected to. So far so good!

I've done the shelf near the wash basin route before.
I also mounted one to a shelf attached to the rafter to get the drain tube high enough to go out a hole in a window frame. (no drains in that basement)

Emptying the bucket was a PITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.