Delivery Day!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsdws

Feeling the Heat
Feb 9, 2011
Central Illinois
The CPM is scheduled for delivery today!!! I layed tile for the hearth pad last night (my first tile job) and I'll grout later today.

We're calling for some possible snow flurries and/or snow showers today. Hopefully that will either finish or hold off so I can test burn it outside.

I'm not sure it's totally necessary on a refurb unit since they did it at the factory already. Seems a good idea, though, to test burn after shipping just in case.

jrsdws said:
The CPM is scheduled for delivery today!!! I layed tile for the hearth pad last night (my first tile job) and I'll grout later today.

We're calling for some possible snow flurries and/or snow showers today. Hopefully that will either finish or hold off so I can test burn it outside.

I'm not sure it's totally necessary on a refurb unit since they did it at the factory already. Seems a good idea, though, to test burn after shipping just in case.

Yes it is a good idea to test burn, and most manufacturers say to do a mag test to set the damper as well.

Mine was not tested or actually set at the factory as claimed, but I was lucky that it was set close enough to operate.

I had to learn how to set it up properly on my own, and believe me "close enough" isn't acceptable to me any more now that I know what to expect from the stove. ;-)

A clean burn=priceless :)
1D

Yes, do a test burn outdoors if at all possible. The refurb process does include new paint, parts, etc, so the need is still there for a test burn. If you can do it, run it at 5-5 for 2 - 3 hours.

Congrats on the new stove....can't wait to see the pics! ;-) If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them or send me a PM.

I will do a test burn for sure...maybe a good way to enjoy a cold beer around the fire!!!! I have decided the install will go up through the ceiling and roof. After much deliberation I have concluded that this is not only the best looking install, but it should be the best for efficient operation. Install is scheduled for next Friday morning.

jrsdws said:
.....I have decided the install will go up through the ceiling and roof. After much deliberation I have concluded that this is not only the best looking install, but it should be the best for efficient operation........

Yep, straight up is the best way.

Keep us informed.

Attachments

• 02102012-4DegForcast.jpg
    02102012-4DegForcast.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 331
She's here!!! Too bad it's snowing out...burn in might have to wait till tomorrow. I took a few pictures...including the hearth pad which I am going to grout this afternoon....as soon as I'm doine watching the video that came with the stove....

Attachments

• DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 325
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 334
DexterDay said:
Love the look of the CPM. (Jealous guy) ;-P

If I ever need a second and I can't score a M55 steel. I'd jump on one of these too sweet a deal.

Check out imacman's spruce ups for it. Dang, I can't find the thread!

j-takeman said:
Check out imacman's spruce ups for it. Dang, I can't find the thread!

Attachments

• 10 CPM %22FireBrick%22.jpg
    10 CPM %22FireBrick%22.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 10-CPM Gold 1.jpg
    10-CPM Gold 1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 10-CPM gold 2.jpg
    10-CPM gold 2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 267
  • 10-CPM-1.jpg
    10-CPM-1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 272
Yeah he's got one of those fancied up units!!! Looks great.

I did the "dry run" sequence as described on the video. There's a few rattles and such but nothing that can't be hunted down and fixed...tightened...whatever it takes. It's just one of the covers. It seems that all systems are a go....test burn scheduled for tomorrow after lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.