Desperate for Enviro Help in Northern Vermont? M55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
Hi all! Have not posted in over a month, been waiting for my new convection blower to replace my broken old one, (M55) under warranty. Here is my problem.....Green Mountain Fireplace in Williston Vermont is "Unable to secure any Enviro parts, under warranty or not" This is the dealers last response to me as of 4/23. I am one of about six customers who have different parts on order and cannot for whatever reason get these parts through our dealer where we all bought our stoves! The dealership has been around for many years and sells numerous pellet and wood stoves. I can only assume that the dealership is not at fault and that Enviro has some serious distribution problems or other problems????? My dealer is coming to my house this comming Friday to install a (new) old style convection blower (free) which they are pulling from an existing floor model. They don't have any new M55's. I also have had on order (over 3 months) the rail extension kit! So what the heck can I do????? Warranty aside, the dealer is sure that they can obtain a new convection blower some time this spring or summer. I have zero confidence in there statement. While I want my blower replaced under warranty, I will get in my car and drive anywhere in New England and pay cash for the new blower, the rail extension kit, a spare igniter and whatever else I need because I don't think my dealer can get any parts....Hey VTrider and any other Vermont Enviro customers....any help greatly appreciated, Thanks, Bill PS...any Enviro reps out there???

I would call customer service for Enviro and complain. I would also have them locate the part. They should know which stores have the part.

Tom C.

If your dealer can not get your parts for you in a timely manner.
I'd be looking around for another dealer and see what they say.

Late spring should be "off-season" for parts.
Perhaps there is a reason Enviro is not getting parts to that particular dealer.

It sounds like your dealer is working with you as best as they can.
Perhaps they pissed off someone at Sherwood Ind.

You could also call Enviro Tech Support and see what they say.
Only phone# I have for them is 1-888-285-2224

Good Luck,
---Nailer---

Reactions: Eatonpcat
My dealer has a wholesaler who pulls his strings, gets the parts and is in charge of the retail outfits. See if you can find out who the wholesaler is and call them.

I suspect your dealer is not doing his/her job here.

Or Enviro has some serious issues, which I haven't heard about.

Anyway, call Enviro and be a pain in the butt. Call Sherwood if you have too. They responded to my calls. I am sure they will respond to yours.

Good luck.

If I were to guess: I would bet the dealer is behind on some kind of payment to the company.

Tom C.

.....Green Mountain Fireplace in Williston Vermont is "Unable to secure any Enviro parts, under warranty or not" This is the dealers last response to me as of 4/23. I am one of about six customers who have different parts on order and cannot for whatever reason get these parts through our dealer where we all bought our stoves!......
I could be wrong on this, but I'm guessing that the dealer is the problem here. If it was on Enviro's end, I'm sure the dealer would have immediately told you that, to get you off their back.

Add to that the fact that a very reputable dealer above stated that they have not had any problem getting Enviro parts.....methinks Enviro has a good reason not to send your dealer any parts.

I think a phone call to Enviro customer service, telling them exactly what the dealer name is and what they said about Enviro being "the problem" will get you the "other side of the story".

I could be wrong on this, but I'm guessing that the dealer is the problem here. If it was on Enviro's end, I'm sure the dealer would have immediately told you that, to get you off their back.

Add to that the fact that a very reputable dealer above stated that they have not had any problem getting Enviro parts.....methinks Enviro has a good reason not to send your dealer any parts.

I think a phone call to Enviro customer service, telling them exactly what the dealer name is and what they said about Enviro being "the problem" will get you the "other side of the story".

I'd also be calling Sherwood Ind PDQ. Its not enviro, Its the dealer IMHO. Sounds like a lame excuse to me!

I just had a quick call to my local dealer(thats not the greatest) and he can have it in a few days. And even if its a local warehouse issue, They will ship from whatever warehouse that has them in stock. Several around the NE area!

If you need one ASAP, Contact pelletdude(member here) by PM and He'll have one on your door step in a few days! Best service I could ask for when I was in a pinch!

Thanks all! First of all, I received more than two private emails from dealers who have the new blower in stock available for sale, obviously not under warranty, so I know they are in stock at the moment. My distributer (Russo) I believe in MA. Confirmed today that they are the distributor for Vermont and that they have orders for parts going to Green Mountain Fireplace in Williston, Vermont. I have another contact name at Russo who I will attempt to tommorrow, to find out what Items they have on order for me. They did confirm to me that the new blower is still on back order. When I told them that other dealers have them in stock, they just said that the new blowers are just trickling in and that they will fill my order as soon as my order comes to the top of the list........I am going to call the Enviro number listed in a previous post, but I am not sure what the difference is between Enviro and Sherwood?...thanks, Bill

I am going to call the Enviro number listed in a previous post, but I am not sure what the difference is between Enviro and Sherwood?...thanks, Bill

Sherwood markets Enviro along with a few others. VistaFlame and Regency. Sherwood will get you in contact with the area rep. The area rep may step in and contact your dealer. A friendly push to get them moving on your behalf!

Hi Bostonfan49, sounds like your making progress with your situation - hope that blower comes in soon (atleast were in April now). Anyway, if you decide to jump ship and look for a new Enviro dealer I still highly recommend the folks over at Vermont pellet stoves in Colchester. I've been buying Enviro parts from them for years and never had a run around or issue.

Hi Bostonfan49, sounds like your making progress with your situation - hope that blower comes in soon (atleast were in April now). Anyway, if you decide to jump ship and look for a new Enviro dealer I still highly recommend the folks over at Vermont pellet stoves in Colchester. I've been buying Enviro parts from them for years and never had a run around or issue.
Hey VTrider, I just may do that! So here is the latest...I am back up and running with a new (old style) convection blower. The least my dealer could do..free of charge. They have been unable to get any parts from their "old" distributer (Russo) I don't know who their "new" distributer is but the dealer says they too are back ordered for the convection blower......Meanwhile, I have posts from other dealers who would love to sell me a new blower for $$$$ and they say they have them in stock..... At this point, I will gladly pay for the blower if it is the only way I can get it! I am going to try to contact the area Enviro rep to see if he can help....? So my old busted blower is at the dealer, and they have assurred me that my new one will come before next fall!!! Sounds good to me (not!!!!!) I feel that unless I have a reliable dealer behind me, I will pay for a backup combustion blower and an igniter as well. Next Jan/Feb if one of these babies goes, I don't want the almost two months of down time I just went through and still can't get my new blower!! So you think VT Pellet Stoves can help me? Bill

Remember sales without service is like kissing your sister.
Sure its nice, but there's no future in it. :oops:

Reactions: Defiant
So you think VT Pellet Stoves can help me?

If they did it would be out of their own pocket per say. Maybe, But the money most of these dealers make is in the stove sale. VT didn't sell you the stove, so they won't make anything. All they will get is a part to hand to you. If they do assist you? I would "tip" them handsomely.

You may be able to transfer the warranty, But the dealer you are transfering it to would have to agree, This again doesn't add any income for them.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
If they did it would be out of their own pocket per say. Maybe, But the money most of these dealers make is in the stove sale. VT didn't sell you the stove, so they won't make anything. All they will get is a part to hand to you. If they do assist you? I would "tip" them handsomely.

You may be able to transfer the warranty, But the dealer you are transfering it to would have to agree, This again doesn't add any income for them.
Oh, I don't expect them to do me any favors at all!!! What I am hoping for, is that IF I do have to order a part out of warranty, they will say....No problem, let's place the order and baring any mail hold ups, your part should arrive in a few days.....That, is what I am hoping for......Bill

Well as Jay mentioned, i'm not sure how a warranty transfer would work but, I'm sure if you go there and explain your situation you'll see what they can do for you. I would ask to speak with Laurie, she's one of the owners and is usually there, really friendly and has always helped me out. Joe is one of their main Enviro techs and would know if he has that part in stock or not.

http://www.vermontpelletstoves.com

Hi all! Have not posted in over a month, been waiting for my new convection blower to replace my broken old one, (M55) under warranty. Here is my problem.....Green Mountain Fireplace in Williston Vermont is "Unable to secure any Enviro parts, under warranty or not" This is the dealers last response to me as of 4/23. I am one of about six customers who have different parts on order and cannot for whatever reason get these parts through our dealer where we all bought our stoves! The dealership has been around for many years and sells numerous pellet and wood stoves. I can only assume that the dealership is not at fault and that Enviro has some serious distribution problems or other problems????? My dealer is coming to my house this comming Friday to install a (new) old style convection blower (free) which they are pulling from an existing floor model. They don't have any new M55's. I also have had on order (over 3 months) the rail extension kit! So what the heck can I do????? Warranty aside, the dealer is sure that they can obtain a new convection blower some time this spring or summer. I have zero confidence in there statement. While I want my blower replaced under warranty, I will get in my car and drive anywhere in New England and pay cash for the new blower, the rail extension kit, a spare igniter and whatever else I need because I don't think my dealer can get any parts....Hey VTrider and any other Vermont Enviro customers....any help greatly appreciated, Thanks, Bill PS...any Enviro reps out there???
Call Russo Products 781-693-1182, NE Distributor

Call Russo Products 781-693-1182, NE Distributor
Hi Scott! Thanks for the reply. I have already contacted Russo, and will call again on Monday but I am not sure that they will be able to help me on the warranty side. As stated in my previous post I am one of a half dozen customers that can't seem to get parts from Russo (through my dealer) Bad Blood/Money issues, I don't know...Russo is supposed to be the distributor for my dealer. When I talked to them the other day, they checked their records and did not have a new style convection blower ordered for my dealer...they did say that the blower was back ordered. When I told them about my dealer pulling out a new (old style) blower from inventory, they said, No, No, No! We will call them and talk to them! This was two plus hours before my dealer was to come out and replace my busted blower. They, Russo said they would call me right back! They didn't...I called them back an hour later and of course they could not get a hold of anyone at the dealer either....surprise, surprise! They then said it was OK to have my dealer give me another blower and that this issue could be resolve later. The person than said, ( I can probably get you the new style blower "later today or tomorrow"), so much for back ordered...or ????? So my dealer comes out, swaps the blower and I tell him of my discussion with Russo and its not a good conversation. He says he doesn't deal with them anymore because of order and money issues...He has my old blower which presumably will be swapped under warranty???? with his new unnamed distributor who also can't get the new blower as they too say it is back ordered. Meanwhile, I have some nice folks on this forum who apparently have the new style blower and would love to sell me one, Nice! I paid over $4 grand for this stove but it"s really no problem, I have 4 plus months until the next heating season.......I'm sure I'll get it by then. Bill

Hi Scott! Thanks for the reply. I have already contacted Russo, and will call again on Monday but I am not sure that they will be able to help me on the warranty side. As stated in my previous post I am one of a half dozen customers that can't seem to get parts from Russo (through my dealer) Bad Blood/Money issues, I don't know...Russo is supposed to be the distributor for my dealer. When I talked to them the other day, they checked their records and did not have a new style convection blower ordered for my dealer...they did say that the blower was back ordered. When I told them about my dealer pulling out a new (old style) blower from inventory, they said, No, No, No! We will call them and talk to them! This was two plus hours before my dealer was to come out and replace my busted blower. They, Russo said they would call me right back! They didn't...I called them back an hour later and of course they could not get a hold of anyone at the dealer either....surprise, surprise! They then said it was OK to have my dealer give me another blower and that this issue could be resolve later. The person than said, ( I can probably get you the new style blower "later today or tomorrow"), so much for back ordered...or ????? So my dealer comes out, swaps the blower and I tell him of my discussion with Russo and its not a good conversation. He says he doesn't deal with them anymore because of order and money issues...He has my old blower which presumably will be swapped under warranty???? with his new unnamed distributor who also can't get the new blower as they too say it is back ordered. Meanwhile, I have some nice folks on this forum who apparently have the new style blower and would love to sell me one, Nice! I paid over $4 grand for this stove but it"s really no problem, I have 4 plus months until the next heating season.......I'm sure I'll get it by then. Bill
Russo is the distributor for ever Enviro dealer in NE, work with them directly, ask for Angela, she is the owner

Russo is the distributor for ever Enviro dealer in NE, work with them directly, ask for Angela, she is the owner
Thanks Scott! As I said prior, I did contact Russo today and I think I have outstanding news...I hope! Russo has agreed to ship me (tomorrow) the new style Convection blower for NO CHARGE!!!!! (after I supplied my serial number) They supposedly got some in today. I want to jump for joy...but actions speak louder than words. If they come through, I will happily give them some praise. Holding my breath, Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.