Did I get a deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trapshooter9

Oct 21, 2008
Central Ohio
I got this MS 290 today. The guy said he hadn't used it very much because he quit burning wood a few years ago. It starts easily and seems to run well. Was $300 too much ?

Attachments

• DSCF0402.JPG
    DSCF0402.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 317
Can't read the number on the side of the Dolmar, but if it's a 5100 or 7900 you got a good deal, even after you put that wimpy Stihl over near it's buddy the Pull-on... :lol:

Gooserider

thats a sweet deal!

It is a 6400 with 20" bar. The 290 has an 18" bar. They both have been used very little. The only flaw I could find is where a dog had chewed in the rubber handle on the pull starter. I will try to post a better picture.

[quote author="trapshooter9" date="1248544148"]It is a 6400 with 20" bar. The 290 has an 18" bar. They both have been used very little. The only flaw I could find is where a dog had chewed in the rubber handle on the pull starter. I will try to post a better picture.[/quote

great deal]

Yea I was going to say, good deal for the seller. I bought a 290 with little wear for $180+18"bar and case.

gzecc said:
Yea I was going to say, good deal for the seller. I bought a 290 with little wear for $180+18"bar and case.

he bought a 290 and a dolmar 6400 a 64 cc for 300.00 bucks (2 saws)

smokinj said:
gzecc said:

What a ripoff! For penance you need to do two Hail Maples and and one Oak's prayer!
p.s. I stole this line from LEE.

Smokinj, I saw that also, if you notice he played with us by posting twice.

LLigetfa said:
smokinj said:
gzecc said:

What a ripoff! For penance you need to do two Hail Maples and and one Oak's prayer!

I would pull the trigger for those 2 saws at 300.00 all day long. the 290 the bar even looks new and the 6400 looks to be in great shap aswell

gzecc said:

Yes, guilty as charged. I am just so happy because I had been looking for quite a while for a bigger stable mate for my little ms 250. I found an ad in the newspaper for these saws for $175 each. I had to work so I got my dad to go see them. He got them both for $300. My wife knew I was going to get another saw but not two more. I had some "splaining" to do! Now I just need to convince her that I need the upgrade kit to make the 6400 into a 7900. She is starting to think I am obsessed or something. I'm starting to think she may be right.

trapshooter9 said:
She is starting to think I am obsessed or something. I'm starting to think she may be right.
I have to agree with both of you. Three saws and still not happy?

trapshooter9 said:
gzecc said:

Yes, guilty as charged. I am just so happy because I had been looking for quite a while for a bigger stable mate for my little ms 250. I found an ad in the newspaper for these saws for $175 each. I had to work so I got my dad to go see them. He got them both for $300. My wife knew I was going to get another saw but not two more. I had some "splaining" to do! Now I just need to convince her that I need the upgrade kit to make the 6400 into a 7900. She is starting to think I am obsessed or something. I'm starting to think she may be right.

maybe time to fold that off for a little while!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.