did I waste my time??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeheat

Minister of Fire
Split some yellow locust and some of it's punky. Did I waste My time or can I dry it and burn it.

Attachments

• DSC01120.jpg
    DSC01120.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 297
Doesnt look good for you, esp if thats from one of your better logs.

YA.... is there ANY mass left? Or is it like lifting styrofoam?

I would dry it out and burn it, mixing it with some more solid stuff.

This is one of the worse logs. Some only have a spot about 3-4 inches deep.I have a outdoor fire pit I could burn in if it wont dry out.

wood-fan-atic said:
YA.... is there ANY mass left? Or is it like lifting styrofoam?

It has some mass and isnt like lifting "air" but very light wood and a PIA to split

estang said:
This is one of the worse logs. Some only have a spot about 3-4 inches deep.I have a outdoor fire pit I could burn in if it wont dry out.

You answered your own question. You know what to do estang. Burn accordingly.

I'd say I never had a piece of wood I couldn't dry out. You just have to keep in the sun and out of the rain. I don't know about yellow locust, but if it's dry I would burn it. I use my punkey stuff early in the year when the fires don't need to burn long or hot.

Burn it in your stove...just don't expect it to last all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.