Did it really take this long!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chang

Nov 4, 2010
Maryland
Over 3 months with my new insert and I think I now have a real fire burning!!!! I have read the manual for my Quadra-Fire Voyaguer insert about ten times and I follow the manufactures instructions for burning. ACC startup air which is on a timer to get it started and set the burn rate control to high heat or medium. Lots of flames and I am so freaked out about creosote and a chimney fires that lots of flames can't be bad. Tonight after a startup fire I reloaded the stove and set the burn rate control to high and let it go till the flames engulfed the wood( 15 mins) and moved the burn rate to medium for a couple mins than to low. Wow! I think I have secondaries, blue flames above the splits and it has been doing that for almost an hour.I usually burn up my wood in that time. I thought my stove was different with the two air controls I guess not. So now I need to figure out where to put a thermometer and start buring this way all the time! Suggestions on temps and thermometer placement would be great.

Good news indeed. It sounds like your wood is finally starting to get below 20% moisture.

Cograts!!!! Can't help you with thermometer placement, but glad to see that you're on the road to better, more efficient burning. Aint it grand??? As long as those blue falmes are active, you're burning clean. Keep playing with it and perfecting it, the rewards are many. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.