different blazeking...anyone again?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That thing is a double-handled monster. Is it catalytic? The price seems ok if in good condition. Do you have a large room or space to heat?

I do! I'll be heating about 1200 square feet, in a chopped up floor plan. My entire house is 1700 square feet, but the stove is in the middle level, it's a tri-level ranch.

I suspect this would probably be overkill in your house in western OR, but give the fellow a call. Ask the flue size too.

I saw that when I was looking around...

I really like the blazeking...

The chimney, that is lined is on the middle level of this tri-level ranch. Old nasty windows, bad insulation, it gets darn right cold in here. The insert I have right now has to cook away at 500 degrees just to keep it warm...

Option 2, the ground floor, is kind of like a finished daylight basement. Over half of it us undergroung and it has a masonary fireplace with a GIANT wall size brick hearth, interior chimney...

Think I could heat this bad boy by putting a stove downstairs?

Check on the flue size first. FWIW, when my stove top passes the 500 range, it's starting to cool down.

Status
Not open for further replies.