dimensionally challenged

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stump_Branch

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2010
MD
How much "space" dose an oval to round transition take? Say a VC or homestead?

My VC stove oval to 8" dia is 12".

Stump_Branch said:
How much "space" dose an oval to round transition take? Say a VC or homestead?

For the life of me I can't understand why some stove makers decide to use an oval outlet.. Dutchwest does this and I see no useful reason at all.. When I looked at the Dutchwest line I noticed this and I questioned why they did this as it makes it more expensive to install plus harder to clean..

Ray

Thanks begreen, those seem about as short as you can get. Jimbo i measured a buddies vc encore and his was 12".

Im not sure why other than cost. Maybe it had something to do with draft, but alot of other stoves dont have or need one so maybe its just hogwash. Sure do hope if i have to, this wont be the issue of something not fitting.

Anyone know why this is? Marketing ploy, actual science?

Now im curious. I would hope something such as that wouldnt hurt me fitting something beefier up on that hearth

Is there any difference in the encore or defiant outlets? Would one benefit from a longer transition over a shorter one?

Status
Not open for further replies.