Dinner Tonight: Stuffed Pork Loin, Basil Pesto & Mozzarella

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

certified106

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2010
Athens, Ohio
Here is my Stuffed Pork Loin from this evening. I stuffed it with Basil Pesto and fresh mozzarella cheese. I also threw together my go to corn on the cob rub and grilled the corn while the loin was resting. I cooked this loin between 300-350° for about an hour an a half. I pulled it when the internal temps hit 150°. It turned out juicy and GREAT if I do say so myself.

Prepping the loin

Second layer and then tied

Going on the grill

Corn on the cob rub

Right before it hit 150°internal and after it was pulled

Corn on the Cob

Slicing for plating

Hope you enjoyed looking at it and I wish I could have shared it with you!

Looks very good. Cooked just right too. I take mine off the grill at 145 and let it sit under foil for a few minutes. Just a little pink on the inside. That corn is fine looking too.

Cert that looks very tasty! I want one of those grills! I bet whole chicken would be awesome on that grill!

Ray

Cert I just ordered the Kamada griller that you use and got it for $269.99 shipped! I have wanted this grill ever since you 1st posted about it..

Ray

Oh wow that looks wonderful.>>

Reactions: certified106
Thanks, that made me so hunger that now I want to eat my keyboard with a side of mouse.

Reactions: certified106
Cert I just ordered the Kamada griller that you use and got it for $269.99 shipped! I have wanted this grill ever since you 1st posted about it..

Ray
Ray, You won't be dissapointed! I will tell you there is a pretty significant learning curve if you have never cooked with a Kamado style cooker. It doesn't take much to get them over the temp that you want if you light to much charcoal or let it get to hot on the way to the temp you were trying to reach especially if you are going for the low and slow temp around 225°. The good thing is it doesn't take much to get the hang of it and once you do you will there is no going back!

I highly recommend going to this forum that is mainly dedicated to the Chargriller Kamado and watching the little video clips this guy made on how to cook and dial in on different settings with this grill. This guy knows his stuff! While you are there you should look around and you will probably come away with a great appreciation for this grill as well as so many recipe ideas it will make your head hurt......LOL Feel free to ask any questions you may have I can't guarantee I will have an answer but I have been using this grill about 4 to 5 times a week so I am getting pretty comfortable with it.

Video reviews and how to:
http://www.kamadoguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28

Forum section discussing the Chargirller Kamado:
http://www.kamadoguru.com/viewforum.php?f=22

Hey, I am trying to loose a few pounds here....I may have to report you!;lol Looks Great!

Ray, You won't be dissapointed! I will tell you there is a pretty significant learning curve if you have never cooked with a Kamado style cooker. It doesn't take much to get them over the temp that you want if you light to much charcoal or let it get to hot on the way to the temp you were trying to reach especially if you are going for the low and slow temp around 225°. The good thing is it doesn't take much to get the hang of it and once you do you will there is no going back!

I highly recommend going to this forum that is mainly dedicated to the Chargriller Kamado and watching the little video clips this guy made on how to cook and dial in on different settings with this grill. This guy knows his stuff! While you are there you should look around and you will probably come away with a great appreciation for this grill as well as so many recipe ideas it will make your head hurt......LOL Feel free to ask any questions you may have I can't guarantee I will have an answer but I have been using this grill about 4 to 5 times a week so I am getting pretty comfortable with it.

Video reviews and how to:
http://www.kamadoguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28

Forum section discussing the Chargirller Kamado:
http://www.kamadoguru.com/viewforum.php?f=22
Hi Cert,
I saw those You Tube videos and they are pretty good. Is this grill made in USA as I haven't been able to determine this? I think I got a pretty good price as it had to be shipped here and that grill weighs close to 100 lbs.! Lowes shows that they do not have them for some reason they don't have them anymore or I would have bought it there..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.