direct link to members' photos on their profile page?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ScotO

Not sure if it's been discussed before, but wouldn't it be cool to have a link on a members profile page that would take you to all the pictures they have uploaded? Backwoods Savage wanted to see a picture of my maple evaporator the other day and I had to really dig to find it buried in my computer.:rolleyes: Being I had already uploaded it months ago on here, it would be nice to be able to access just the pictures that we've uploaded. Just throwing a thought out there, not sure if it's feasible or not.

Ive thought about going back amd bookmarking (new feature) a lot of my old threads.

As I come across some of my old photos, I save them to my phone (click and hold on it/Droid/ then select Save image).

That or allow an album of sorts on your Profile page. Kinda like FB.

Was this the pic you were looking for?

61484-ef227d920100606db0eb259e9f502e06.jpg

If so, I found it by going to the search at the top, typing in evaporator, then typing in your name in the box below. If it's something you posted on here, the new search function works great. Found that pic in less than 30 seconds.

But, I agree that a button on each person's profile like you mention taking you to a page showing all that member's uploaded pics would be slick.

pen

Reactions: ScotO
I never gave it a thought to search like that, Pen.......thanks! But the link on a personal profile that held all of that members shared pics WOULD BE REALLY SLICK. Say I wanted to go look at Sav's woodstack pics from several years ago, for instance. I could just go to his profile page and look in his shared pic folder. Just an idea. Not sure of Craig ever looked into doing that of not.

Sounds like a great idea.Was looking for one of my pics the other day,actually took much less time finding it on here than on my Pictures folder on PC (Apparantly forgot the title & exactly where it was...:confused:)

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.