Dirty window

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mufflerman

Sep 7, 2009
northwestern mass
I have a st croix pepin stove that i just cleaned and adjusted feed rates. I was wondering if it was normal to have the window brown up when running on setting one. It looks as if the stove is running clean very little ash in pot. This stove has no air wash system for window.

mufflerman said:
I have a st croix pepin stove that i just cleaned and adjusted feed rates. I was wondering if it was normal to have the window brown up when running on setting one. It looks as if the stove is running clean very little ash in pot. This stove has no air wash system for window.

If you've owned the stove for a while, did it do this before? If not, did you change brands of pellets? That will cause it sometimes, especially on low settings. My Astoria glass was much better at higher/hotter settings.

BTU said:
.....And you started using a MUCH better pellet........ :cheese:
Uh, NO, you haven't sent me my free ton of okies yet. ;-) or did you mean the Rocky Mtn pellets I "stole" from that lady??? ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.