Do box stores deliver?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kilarney

Mar 1, 2008
Vermont
Does Tractor Supply, Home Depot or Lowes deliver pellets? I'm trying to figure out my options for the upcoming year.

HD & Lowe's will deliver (haven't purchased from TS before) any order you setup for delivery, you pay a delivery charge (probably about $50), but they will deliver.

the home depot by me does for $65..up to 8 tons

I live about 20 miles from both a Home Depot and Lowes. Hopefully that is within their range.

Does anyone know when they will get pellets in stock?

Also, a total newb question. How does a ton of pellets come? I'm assuming that they are stacked on a pallet and that the pallet is placed in your driveway.

Pellets typically come in fifty 40-lb bags stacked on a pallet. Some companys ship 1.5 tons per pallet.

I think Home Depot rents trucks by the hour for not too much. Maybe it would be cheaper to rent their truck rather than having them deliver, but with the price of gas these days who knows if it really would be cheaper???

their rental truck is only a 1 ton truck

Status
Not open for further replies.