do i need a moisture meter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevebass4

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Franklin MA

i'm going to burn what i have till i am warm

I mean as i work to get two years ahead i'll still use the oldest stuff i have first but do i need to buy a do i moisture meter, because i plan to burn the oldest stuff i have first no matter what

as a side note i know it's an extra tool such as the IR thermometer (that i bought) and the chain sharpener (that i bought) and the rutland stove top thermometer

so do i need another tool?

Stevebass4 said:

I mean as i work to get two years ahead i'll still use the oldest stuff i have first but do i need to buy a do i moisture meter, because i plan to burn the oldest stuff i have first no matter what

as a side note i know it's an extra tool such as the IR thermometer (that i bought) and the chain sharpener (that i bought) and the rutland stove top thermometer

"Need" - probably not - I'm in about the same situation you are, in that I'm trying to get ahead on my supply, and I just burn the oldest stuff I've got... I haven't gotten one yet... (I also don't have an IR thermometer. I do have one of the HF chain grinders, but I almost never use it now that I know how to hand file....)

At the same time, it's another cool toy to have.

Gooserider

Stevebass4 said:

No.

I've got a 30 year undefeated streak in burning firewood and until a month ago I'd never even heard of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.