Does anyone know if Ohio solar grants are taxable?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeathens

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2007
Athens, Ohio
Can't seem to get any solid opinions on this. We had a 4kW array installed last spring, and the installer wasn't sure...other than he's heard it argued both ways. We did receive a 1099 in the mail for it.

I this is the best literature I've found to date on the topic: http://eetd.lbl.gov/ea/emp/cases/LBNL_59928.pdf

Ohio does/did require that any recipient of state grants is served by a publicly traded utility, which would make me think that my grant might be considered a "Utility energy conservation susbsidy" discussed in the above link. Has anyone gone through this already and care to share some wisdom?

Status
Not open for further replies.