Does anyone own a personal pellet mill?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gripper93

Oct 1, 2009
central ohio
Just wandering. I seen them on youtube. They look like they could be cool if you have a lot of free resources. To me it looks like it would be cheaper with your time and material included to just buy by the ton. I am just asking if anyone owns one to give me some extra info. I have seen one on a local add for around 3000.00. I haven't done any research on prices so let me know if this is in the ballpark. Thanks

gripper93 said:
Just wandering. I seen them on youtube. They look like they could be cool if you have a lot of free resources. To me it looks like it would be cheaper with your time and material included to just buy by the ton. I am just asking if anyone owns one to give me some extra info. I have seen one on a local add for around 3000.00. I haven't done any research on prices so let me know if this is in the ballpark. Thanks

When "marshal law" comes you'll be glad that your mostly self sufficient... assuming you are powering it using alternative/renewable energy!

Other then that... I don't think it would be cost effective... don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to turn my grass clippings into pellets for my multi-fuel stove BUT I don't think the investment would pay for itself in a reasonable amount of time.

Maybe in 2012? ...When the Mayan calender ends? lol

Scoop said:
Unless your setting up a dactopry, not worth it apparently

OK, scoop, I give up. Even Google couldn't find 'dactopry'.................. What is it? If it is similar to 'Hell', I know that's coming.

Hey, if I had been drunk, I would have understood!!!!!!!!!!!!! So it's my fault for not being loaded..... ;-P :p :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.