Does anyone understand this CL add?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess he is selling crappy wood and being honest about it.

Sounds like someone may have been pissed-off about the wood he got from Mike and posted a "corrected" ad for him. I have done similar things for deceptive or abusive advertisers. Works better than complaining to CL

I'll bet his "wall is phone ringing the off" :ahhh:

BrotherBart said:

With a pile that size you got to fiure there is going to be some rotten wood. I learned my lesson from craigslit and this website. Your best bet if you want to buy split firewood is to just buy green wood. You can usually get it for at least 50$ cheaper a cord. More than likely you are going to end up with green wood anyway even if it is advertised as seasoned. If you buy it green there might be less of a chance that it is rotten. In the spring when I buy more wood I am going to try and get ash or locust since it seasons fast. Also I will not be shy if the dealer dumps it in my drive and it looks short of the advertised amount. I bought 6 cords total from 5 differnet guys. 4 of them were full cords 2 of the other were short. The last one I had delivered looked short so I just made the guy an offer on it. It is such a shame that it is so hard to find an honest firewood guy out there. Just my two cents. If my back ever heals I will start processing my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.