Does anyone use an Air purifier?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ifixmy2

Sep 13, 2011
Ohio
I have an Ionic breeze air purifier, that I have used through the summer and since I installed
my stove, I decided to aim it towards the air vents on the side where the combustion blower is.
I have noticed by cleaning it every time I clean the burn pot that it collects a lot of dust.
My thought is that this will help eliminate some dust bunnies from building up on stove motors.
Only time will tell, after the burn season is over & I perform my spring teardown cleaning.
Any input or thoughts from ye pros? Would it be better aimed at combustion blower or convection blower?
It does put out a cool breeze, so it may help prolong motor life.
I like the idea that it's helping to clean dust out of the air, especially since I'm not using that old forced air oil furnace anymore.

Would like to get one for the house but a decent one is $400-500... not $$ I can afford on that.

I use a large Lasko Humidifier. No Air Pruifier. Although it may be a good idea....

Where abouts you located ifixmy2 ??? And what pellet brands do you have in your area (better brands that you like)??

I am right on the corner of Ashland Co, Lorain Co, and Medina Co.. I live inside Ashland co, but Lorain and Medina are only 1 mile away.

I use a large Lasko Humidifier. No Air Pruifier. Although it may be a good idea….

Where abouts you located ifixmy2 ??? And what pellet brands do you have in your area (better brands that you like)??

I am right on the corner of Ashland Co, Lorain Co, and Medina Co.. I live inside Ashland co, but Lorain and Medina are only 1 mile away.

I live west of Dayton. Local TSC has Somers, Hamers & Ligonetics(unknown label), choice for$200/TON
I'm burning easy heats & had to set englander at 5-5-1

Hamers near Dayton?? I see a road trip in my near future. Never tested/tried any of them? What store are they located in Dayton?

Status
Not open for further replies.