Does it qualify?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

laynes69

Minister of Fire
Oct 2, 2006
Ashland OH
I was looking on E-bay the other day at furnaces. I came across this and seen they offered the 30% tax credit. I know its impossible for this furnace to meet the efficiency standard. So I e-mailed them about it. They claim its 85% efficient, with little emissions. These instances will be popping up, desperate to make a sale in this bad economy right now. From what I have read about the tax credit, if a company makes a false claim, each person to file a 1,000 dollar fine will be issued to the manufacturer. What upsets me is in the credit certificate, Company is not responsible or liable for the taxpayer's ability to receive tax credits. So I post this as a buyers beware. It would be nice to see audits done to stop some of this nonsense.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Forced-Air-no-w...in_0?hash=item4a9a81e193&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

They should be doing these tax credits the same way as cash for clunkers. To discourage the dishonest sellers, give the credit to the buyer before the sale and then there is nothing to claim. The gov't then credits the seller. The tax credit is instant for the buyer and the seller is kept honest. As for the seller receiving his money from the gov't that's a whole different ball game.

yeah that likely wouldnt qualify as it seems theres no secondary burn but the junk china stoves at tractor supply al l seem to qualify according to TSC so maybe theres some truth to it ..on a side note, i wonder how much wood these wadena type outdoor type forced air furnaces use on a weekly basis ,i have heard of some people who take their indoor forced air wood furnace build a insulated hut around it and pipe in the proper ductwork with surprisingly really good results ,how much wood they are using and effective heat output is another story, but i must admit having the mess and risk outside would be a nice feature.

I just watched the video of this thing. It says "a chimney is added to remove smoke, creosote and excess heat from the furnace". Excess heat? Why burn wood to let it escape up the chimney. Clicked on the tax rebate link. Its a email address for a request for the certificate. I suppose it would work. I see they claim every part is UL listed, but is the whole furnace tested? USE CAUTION !

Status
Not open for further replies.