does the tank see hydraulic pressure?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

f3cbboy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2009
rockland county, NY
Hi i am in the slow process of putting together my own splitter and got thinking the other day about the tank. during the splitting process, the only items that see any real pressure is on the discharge side of the pump and the cylinder, correct? tank does not need to be built to see about #2500 does it? 1st - i will be lucky when the welds on the edges of my tank actuallly don't leak. 2nd i am using 3/8" plate for the tank because it is what i have not because it needing to take the pressue, right? I like the idea of a sturdy tank for a good place to mount the axle for transport (just like store bought) but i wanted to ask about the pressure inside the tank to at least make it look like i know what i am doing. Thanks

No pressure on the tank (vented) and only a small pressure on the discharge side due to flow resistance in the line and filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.