Does This Qualify for Pellet Pig Status?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tchdngrnby

Oct 7, 2009
Puget Sound Washington
So what do you do when you are involutarily furloughed from your job for one day as a cost cutting measure? You take another day and half off and go find a pellet sale and pig out! I think I am stocked up for several years after hauling in an additional 11 tons over 2.5 days. 12.5 tons stored up in the garage and 6 tons in the basement. Does this qualify for pellet pig status?

Attachments

• P8050260.jpg
    P8050260.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 473
  • P8050261.jpg
    P8050261.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 500
  • P8050264.jpg
    P8050264.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 480
  • P8050270.jpg
    P8050270.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 490
Most people can achieve piggy status with 4 or 5 tons but you seem to have space for another 10 or 15 tons so your application is denied until you start taking this a bit more seriously. :cheese:

Eric is in and out lately do to business. Pete must also be on the busy side these days too!

I would say you are a true hoarding extraordinaire(pellet pig!) Going to be tough for fellow burners to get any fuel living near you! So I say Yes you are in!

You will have to ask Pete(imacman) what your level would be. Put this in your sig and welcome aboard!

Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club….OINK OINK!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashamed of yourselves” - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

Is that a 1.5 ton pallet in a 1/2 ton pickup I see?????

j-takeman said:
.....I would say you are a true hoarding extraordinaire(pellet pig!) Going to be tough for fellow burners to get any fuel living near you! So I say Yes you are in!......

Well, I actually have no words for that amount of pellets :gulp: ......but as Jay said....You're in!! :)

Don't forget to send your dues. Oink Oink!!!!

mralias said:

Nope, that is only a 1 ton pallet in the bed of the truck. I have a set of firestone ride rites installed on it to help handle those loads that are a bit over the load rating. :)

tchdngrnby said:
mralias said:

Nope, that is only a 1 ton pallet in the bed of the truck. I have a set of firestone ride rites installed on it to help handle those loads that are a bit over the load rating. :)

I noticed that too, and figure you made alterations. Ive seen way too many small trucks with no rear suspension left leaving the pellet yards.

iron stove said:
tchdngrnby said:
mralias said:

I noticed that too, and figure you made alterations. Ive seen way too many small trucks with no rear suspension left leaving the pellet yards.

Although the ride rites help the rear suspension for the "occasional" heavy load, one would not want to use a light duty truck in this fashion all the time. It would eventually play havoc on the drive train including your transmission. One other thing to point out is to "lock out/turn off" your overdrive when doing this. The overdive clusters in automatic transmissions are a weak link and will eventually fail from "lagging" when towing or carrying heavy loads. The best anology to live by is to not use O/D unless you are hustling down the hiway at 60+ MPH regardless of load.

I used to have a F-150, and 1400lbs was a max load with a lot of suspension sag. Now I drive a Chevy 2500HD, so a ton of pellets and overdrive isnt a issue.

I was just wondering this same thing about O/D

My Dad blew the tranny in his Chevy 1500 by towing a jeep wrangler in overdrive.

I always thought it was cuz his truck was a beater.

I have a 4runner, so no serious hauling for me...yet.

Ok, so it appears you have this winter's fuel supply in (you must have seen the Accuweather winter forecast for your area), but what about food?

tchdngrnby said:
So what do you do when you are involutarily furloughed from your job for one day as a cost cutting measure? You take another day and half off and go find a pellet sale and pig out! I think I am stocked up for several years after hauling in an additional 11 tons over 2.5 days. 12.5 tons stored up in the garage and 6 tons in the basement. Does this qualify for pellet pig status?

You sure do ....Oink

SmokeyTheBear said:
Ok, so it appears you have this winter's fuel supply in (you must have seen the Accuweather winter forecast for your area), but what about food?

Lets just say that missing a few meals would not do me any harm! :)

tchdngrnby said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

Lets just say that missing a few meals would not do me any harm! :)

One has to be ready in case one gets snowed in for a prolonged period of time.

We keep a well stocked larder and can go well over a month without needing to visit a store.

If it is bad out, this is one woodland critter that can stay warm and have something to eat.

In fact we did two batches of peach jam today and tomorrow evening after putting the chickens to bed it is time to can the pickles that I started last Tuesday. Should get at least 15 pints. This will be the sixth caning session this season.

If the late blight stays away we should have a bumper crop of ripe tomatoes, will cook a bunch down and freeze them and can a bunch. Hopefully there will also be a pile of green ones at the end of the season. Last year this time all of my tomato plants had been pulled and destroyed, I did salvage enough green tomatoes to make a couple of recipes up, but didn't have enough to do some favorites.

Oh and welcome new piggy, remember to remit those dues to imacman (the money launderer).

Status
Not open for further replies.