does your accentra like somersets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2011
midwest
ive gone through a bag of penningtons, heat resource and am now starting on a bag of somersets. now i have burned somersets in other stoves with awsome results but this first bag for the accentra isnt going so great. theyre throwing kind of a transparent flame and dont seem as hot as the heat resources. maybe i got a bad batch.

Because Somersets have a hard wood floor plant, there Fiber supply is one of the more consistant out there.. Always had good luck with them.. Along with anyone I know that gas burned them....

They are 10 times better than Penningtons. IMHO....

been burning for two hours now and hardly any ashbed yet. the penningtons and heat resourse would have had about a 3" ash bed by now.

In the first bag and the heat is equal to or better than the Hardwood heats last year and as good as the green team. Not as good as the Oakies but they are 2/3rds the price soooo....

I can give you a better update in a few weeks when the buring season is really here.

Rick

3650 said:
been burning for two hours now and hardly any ashbed yet. the penningtons and heat resourse would have had about a 3" ash bed by now.

I always thought that a lower ash content was better?? Lots of ash means a sub par pellet, in my book.

well im still learning about this stove and maybe i misunderstood the manual, but, i think they are suggesting to have a mimimum of 1" ashbed before the flame and that took a long time to get to with the somersets. the others.....not so much. i agree less ash is good but i was jst goin by the book.

four

Try turning it up to 4 1/2 to 5. See if it gets it where you want. BUt I would be more concerned with flame height.

Status
Not open for further replies.