Dolmar 115 chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muncybob

Minister of Fire
Apr 8, 2008
Near Williamsport, PA
Just saw an ad for this ...$100. All I know right now is it has a 16" bar/chain and runs good. Assuming it's in good condition as stated and compression checks out..seems to me this is a decent buy? I'm looking for a mid weight saw with good power for trees up to 20" or so.

That saw is from the middle 80's parts will be very hard to find other than that they where good saws.

I was a Sachs Dolmar dealer for quite a few years & I don't think there was a better saw made. This is all German made with a Nikasil cylinder. If compression is good & you keep a good mix in it you can probably put it in your will. I have the 111 that is basically the same saw & it runs just as good now as it did 20 years ago. Most new parts are available & just take some searching to find, used ones are on Ebay. Compression should be at 150 or better & when pulled over should leak down very slowly, Randy PS I just sold a 112 for $150.00 so this is a good price if the compression is there.

And that 112 is throwing chips just fine, Thanks Randy. Chris

blades said:
And that 112 is throwing chips just fine, Thanks Randy. Chris
As I posted this I wondered If you were going read this. I'm glad the SD is working well. I wouldn't give up my 111 for anything except a new Dolmar 510, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.