domestic hot water

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2003

Feb 16, 2010
southern ohio
I just got a taylor owb , my question is can i just bypass the hot water tank and get my hot water strait from the hot water coil inside the unit ? the taylor web page isnt much help all they say is if your 200 feet away from the taqnk you have to add a cir. pump. how often will i have to fire this in the summer months to get domestic hot water?? thanks everyone in advance

You can do that and you will have plenty of hot water. The downside is that you waste a lot of water waiting on the shower to get hot because all the water in the lines is cold. Also, it becomes a pain when washing clothes because even if you wash on hot your first load will fill up cold because of all the water in the lines. Your much better off going to the hot water tank and storing some hot water so it is gets to teh tap quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.