Done. Let the fishing season commence!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2008
Appleton, Newfoundland
I will start back at cutting come October once the fire ban is lifted but for now, Trout for a few weeks and the the elusive Atlantic Salmon.

545015_10150817696327379_640717378_9933367_1617293265_n.jpg

Nice stacks, I need to build a woodshed like that

Nice, Im almost there myself, been hankering to go for cod

Very nice. It'll be dry & ready to burn after the salmon runs is over.
Like your boat & trailer :) All loaded up & ready for fishing season. :)

.boat.jpg

Nice stacks! I can't wait to go fishing myself, but I keep saying yes to friends that have wood and trees they need to get rid of, and I mean a LOT. I will be going after various pacific salmon in July in Alaska (Kenai River) and August/Sept/October in Oregon (Columbia, Nestucca, Siletz, Tillamook Bay rivers). Also in August, I'm going to Minnesota to fish Lake Superior for Lake Trout, maybe even sneak in some Northern Pike, which I have not fished for. The local spring run salmon here are in full force now, and I just don't think I'll have time for them, and these are the closest to my home. I can be fishing in 15 minutes from my house if I had the time, but it's not like Alaska fishing, much less abundance. I've gone many times before work.

My next door neighbor is moving, and has about 1/4 cord of seasoned mostly birch, then a mix of pine/arborvitae/cherry/plum/apricot/maple from trimming his trees two years ago, sitting on his back porch. He just asked me an hour ago if I want it. There is another 1/4 cord or maybe a bit less of cherry and birch logs on his side yard, that need cut up that are 6" diameter.

So many fish. So little time!

Nice stacks, I need to build a woodshed like that
Boy, that grapple mounted to the shed roof would really make the cutting easy! ;lol
My next door neighbor is moving, and has about 1/4 cord of seasoned mostly birch, then a mix of pine/arborvitae/cherry/plum/apricot/maple from trimming his trees two years ago, sitting on his back porch. He just asked me an hour ago if I want it. There is another 1/4 cord or maybe a bit less of cherry and birch logs on his side yard, that need cut up that are 6" diameter.
Hard to pass on it when it's that easy...

Me too, Cod is actually only 2 seasons a year in Newfoundland now and very limited bag limit. kids love it though.

Saw that you are in Newfoundland, my wife is from Halifax, NS. Just out of curiosity, what hardwoods are available to you up there?

Saw that you are in Newfoundland, my wife is from Halifax, NS. Just out of curiosity, what hardwoods are available to you up there?
Well, lets see, we have Birch............................................and that's about it. Most people burn a mix of Spruce, Juniper, Birch and Aspen.

Status
Not open for further replies.