DONE!! No more pellet stacking for me........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

unless I see something on CL that is super cheap for decent pellets....then the oink, oink, oink in me will pounce.

Went yesterday and picked-up a ton of Lignetics Hardwood/Softwood blend from a guy selling them on CL for $200. He had been trying to heat his home with a Breckwell Big E in the UNFINISHED basement. Now he wants to finish the basement and the pellets were in the way.....good for me! :)

Then today, I took my $25 off coupon to TSC and got Lignetics Hardwood for $214....they are a fresh batch, as the shipping tag was still on it and they had been delivered at the TSC on 6/11/2011. :)

So, those 2 tons, plus the 2 1/2 tons of Cleanfires, plus misc Barefoot and Pro Pellet's give me 5.3 tons.....ready for 'ol man winter!!! :coolgrin:

Here's the basement stash for winter '11-12:

Attachments

• '11-12 pellets -1.jpg
    '11-12 pellets -1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 642
  • '11-12 pellets - 2.jpg
    '11-12 pellets - 2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 641
Thats a great find on CL!!.....being all set for winter feels goooood!!!

Hello Pete

Good work!! -- I need another 0.5 ton so I am calling Home Depot every week since I heard MA and VT has them for approx. $200 per ton. It seems that approx $200 per ton is the Go And Get EM price !!

That makes heating the home for this coming winter as cheap as you is gonna get !!!

I have 1.5 Ton Maine's Choice in Garage and 1 ton in Basement plus a few bags of Logic-e. See pics below.

Also gave the wood pallets a good coat of Latex Enamel so they are nice for the winter and match the basement!

Still looking for another 0.5 ton so when I heard HD in VT has Stove Chow for 197 per ton I have been calling our HD every week ready to pounce !!

Good luck with your home heating and who cares about how much home heating oil prices will climb this winter !!!!

Attachments

• 1.5TonMainesChoice&Logik-eSC.jpg
    1.5TonMainesChoice&Logik-eSC.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 543
  • 1.5TonMainesChoiceInGarageSC.jpg
    1.5TonMainesChoiceInGarageSC.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 556
  • PaintingPalletLatexEnamelsc.jpg
    PaintingPalletLatexEnamelsc.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 561
Looking Good.. Gotta love that feeling when A "PIG" Feels "Stuffed", and truely feels like a "Pellet Pig" As eernest 4 would say "You Pellet Pigs should be ASHAIMED of Yourselves"....

I love the Lig's... Even there Cheapo Presto-Logs are a "Blend" of hardwood and softwood like the Green Label's, and my Quad loves them both.. I have quite a few ton's of them myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.