Don't know what this is!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that this morning too. My first thought was why in the world would a water filtration system need this much holding capacity? Crazy.

The local utility installed something similar to this in an area where people's wells got contaminated by leaching effluent from the local dump.
They set up a trickle flow system to about 50 houses and put 500-1000 gallon tanks in the basement, then a pump supplied the house plumbing. This was as a stop-gap until the utility could install a proper city water main and sewer. If I recall correctly, the homeowners in the area used this system for about two years. The utility covered all maintenance and cleaning on the systems, with the local Culligan guy doing the service.
I wonder what happened to all those tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.