Donuts!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
For the great service I receive from the Wood Chop Shop I decided that a dozen donuts would be nice, dropped off this morning.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2187-1.jpg
    100_2187-1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 676
Yummy!

I was also expecting to see some Rhino 360's in the snow!

Please pass me a jelly!

Thanks for the incentive to get my azz going this AM. But DD's coffee sux and they hire tattoed/face-pierced guys!! I do NOT want them touching my food :wow:

IseeDeadBTUS, I never had any DD's coffee but the help at this DD's seemed real good.

zap

basswidow said:
I was also expecting to see some Rhino 360's in the snow!

Please pass me a jelly!

Thats EXACTLY what I expected to see.

Boston Cream for me please.

there's another kind of coffee besides DD ?

:)

In Ma. it seems we have two on every corner.

billb3 said:

Apparently, in the "other parts of the country" they have things called Horton's (or something like that) that serves coffee. I've seen them when traveling, but I wont stop there (always hear banjo music when driving by and it reminds me of Deliverance).

Just looking at them adds ten pounds to my ass!
Thanks a lot. lol.
Seriously though, that was thoughtful of you
and I'm sure the folks enjoyed them.

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Thanks for the incentive to get my azz going this AM. But DD's coffee sux and they hire tattoed/face-pierced guys!! I do NOT want them touching my food :wow:

We must shop at the same DD.

Retired Guy said:
We must shop at the same DD.

LOL. City of the hills?

And Zap? You must give me a location on that DD, so I can check for myself next time I'm in the area ;-) . There actually are Tim Hortons in NY now. Usually clean too.

If you've ever spent any time in Seattle you will always have a hard time drinking NY coffee again. Around here BK has the best coffee.

Now it's Miller time (actually BL lime) now, so why we talkin coffee? Anytime is a good time for donuts, though. What was that beer commercial where the mechanic was eatin the powdered sugar donut with greasy hands?

I like DD even though they dropped the "dunkin" donut from the menu a few years ago. We have a Starbucks in town for the yuppies and college kids. I went there once but since I don't speak the language of Starbucks I have no idea what to order - I miss the small-medium-large labels.

Tim Horton is more yummy than DD.... the more I cut / split wood the more I give myself permission to get some donuts...... so the more I burn wood the more I get fat....... Anyway, I love it..... give me a tractor wheel :p............

Delta-T said:
billb3 said:

Apparently, in the "other parts of the country" they have things called Horton's (or something like that) that serves coffee. I've seen them when traveling, but I wont stop there (always hear banjo music when driving by and it reminds me of Deliverance).

No banjo music . . . this is what I hear when I drive by a Tim Hortons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9gmsYlQ-lM

We had Tim Hortons here in Albany I don't think it lasted 6mo. I think the double D's drove them out. I heard a lot of the Horton stores pulled out of the NE. Only staying in NYC area. (Saw the double D thing and my mind went in the gutter) :cheese:

jrandall said:
We had Tim Hortons here in Albany I don't think it lasted 6mo. I think the double D's drove them out. I heard a lot of the Horton stores pulled out of the NE. Only staying in NYC area. (Saw the double D thing and my mind went in the gutter) :cheese:

Still a bunch of THs here in Maine . . . then again some folks think Maine is part of Canada. ;) :)

firefighterjake said:
jrandall said:

Still a bunch of THs here in Maine . . . then again some folks think Maine is part of Canada. ;) :)

Anything north of Portland is Canada... I know cuz they say "a-boot".

Tim Horton's is the best! The only reason my wife would move to the US is if she could still get her Tim's fix! Thankfully we have one her or I would be a bachelor!

Delta-T said:
firefighterjake said:
jrandall said:

Not true . . . what is true though is when I was selling my Skidoo I could always tell if the person was calling from The States or Canada since they would say "Hi. I'm calling "a-boot" the sled you have for sale." Ended up selling my sled to a fella from New Brunswick in fact.

firefighterjake said:
Delta-T said:
firefighterjake said:
jrandall said:

Not true . . . what is true though is when I was selling my Skidoo I could always tell if the person was calling from The States or Canada since they would say "Hi. I'm calling "a-boot" the sled you have for sale." Ended up selling my sled to a fella from New Brunswick in fact.

then why do I always get Canadian coins for change when I buy something in the store up there? Must be Canada right? :lol:

Anytime there's a {drive-In} Donut shop, the Cops and the Firemen suddenly appear!!
dd_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.