door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
I have looked around my area and can't find one, I believe my door gasket channel is 3/4" thick, where can I get a 3/4" thick or so gasket?

is it just a 3/4 rope gasket? that should be fairly common for a decent hardware store and certainly common for a good number of stove shops. ~$1.00 / ft or so I'd think.

chrisasst said:
I have looked around my area and can't find one, I believe my door gasket channel is 3/4" thick, where can I get a 3/4" thick or so gasket?

If it is just 3/4 rope gasket I saw some at Lowes the other day. You should be able to get that anywhere.

chrisasst said:

You can try Lowes, Tractor Supply, hard ware , OR you loco Heating store.

chrisasst said:

Sorry , I missed where you are from, there is Syracuse Chimney in your that can help.

If you mean the syracuse stove and chimney on Howlett rd, that is where I bought my stove and the guy is a jerk and I will not buy anything more from him. And it is about 40 minutes from my house. I guess I will try the place in Ithaca...

I just went to ithaca and got 5 foot, ( $18.00) more than I expected I must say.

Status
Not open for further replies.