DOVRE WOOD STOVE model 400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foche911

Aug 19, 2009
North Central Oklahoma
I would like information on Dovre WOOD STOVE model 400.... Specifications? Is it a good stove? I realized it is small. Are there any sources for parts?

I used to sell them back in the day. We never had any issues that were bad enough for me to remember a decade later. Im pretty sure the Dovre line was disolved after a series of mergers and buyouts.

You can get a manual here from the fine folks at wood heat stoves:
http://woodheatstoves.com/dovre-m-39.html

You could also try contacting stove parts plus online for parts.

Lastly, go to quadrafires website. Lots of long term quad dealers still have knowledge and info on the Dovres.

Quads website has a dealer locator.

I presumed what stopped this model was the really small size. However, I notice you didn't make really positive comment. This stove has never been fired. I bought from man who's Mother purchased, but never installed. As best I can find, it must be 10 year or older. It is a green color. I haven't picked it up yet.

Didnt make a postive comment, your right. Its just a typical run of the mill cast iron stove with gas guts in it. I would pay a few hundred bucks for it and be very happy with my purchase. Much more than that and I would look at buying new.

Thanks for your help. I am not sure what you meant about gas guts in it. This is wood model. How much is shared? I saw there is also a gas version. I paid $300. I reasoned I could get my money back. I was interested in a small stove.

if its the older heatilator version,jump all over it,great little stove, burner seems to last forever,and parts like thermocouple and thermopile are still avail if its the quad version run for the hills, burners are crap lucky to get 2 or 3 years out of them and the heat exchangers are prone to splitting open,

It is a Dovre WOOD STOVE, not gas. Seller guess it is at least 10 year old, but never used. One site said it is max 22,000 btu. I assume it would work with smaller flue than 6 inch........It is a green color.

oh, wood stove.ok

very few parts still avail, like next to none. gaskets and door handle and hinge pin are all that are left. no baffle, blower, brick etc.

35kbtu 900sqft 2.8emmissions 16" logs
last unit made 8-5-03

let me know if you'd like the manual or parts list

foche911 said:
I assume it would work with smaller flue than 6 inch........

A unit with a 6" flue collar should not be reduced below 6" at all, unless specifically tested by the MFG. They have never tested any units for less than 6" exhaust that I am aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.